Now that Patch 13.16 is on the live servers, let’s take a look at the changes coming for LoL Patch 13.17, which is going to be released on August 30, according to the official patch schedule.
LoL Patch 13.17 Notes Overview
Patch 13.16 was a small patch compared to previous updates: it mainly looked at nerfing some of the strongest outliers in solo queue, and considering pros won’t be playing on this patch, there aren’t many changes from that perspective as well, although we will have a new version of the surrender vote, which should reduce the negative effects of it in-game.
Luckily, Patch 13.17 should be a bit bigger in size, given that Worlds 2023 is around the corner and Riot is definitely looking into shaking things up ahead of the biggest tournament of the year.
But aside from that, there is great news for the casual player base as well. Aside from the return of the incredible Cosmic skins, the community should be hyped about the return of the Blue Essence Emporium, which was already confirmed last month. This will be the second (and probably the last time) it will be available this year. That said, Riot Games mentioned they will bring a new version of the shop, as well as the ability to mass-disenchant champion shards, saving a lot of time for all those players who have grinded out hundreds of those.
In terms of balance changes, we haven’t really gotten much information so far, even though there are some planned changes for a few champions. One of them is Blitzcrank, which according to Spideraxe, is getting some interesting changes across the board: scroll below to find all the exact numbers. On top of that, there is another nerf coming to Statikk Shiv: the wave-clearing on the item is probably still too powerful, so they are further reducing the AP ratio.
Read also: All teams Qualified for LoL Worlds 2023
How will the upcoming patch impact the meta?
Since we still haven’t gotten the full list of changes, it’s tough to make the right considerations on the patch. Having said that, the Statikk Shiv nerf will likely put an end to the item domination in the bottom lane, except those who are able to take advantage of the AP ratio (namely Kai’Sa).
Patch 13.17 Tentative Changes
Dusbklade of Draktharr (pushed to this patch)
- Now destroys incoming projectiles when triggered
- No longer makes the target immune to damage that’s already on them like DoTs
- Still immune to targeted and free targets spells and not immune to turret shots
- E knock up duration: 0.3 seconds ⇒ 0.5 (bugfix, there was a mismatch between the knock-up duration between the numbers of the tooltip and the duration in-game)
- Base health: 633 ⇒ 650
- Base MR: 28 ⇒ 32
- Base attack speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.625
- Attack speed ratio: 0.7 ⇒ 0.625
- W mana cost: 85 ⇒ 75
- W attack speed: 30% – 82% ⇒ 30% – 70%
- W on-hit damage removed
- E mana cost: 40 ⇒ 25
- E bonus monster and minion damage removed
- W slow: 65% ⇒ 30%
- E empowered base damage: 75 – 175 ⇒ 65 – 165
- R AP ratio: 75% ⇒ 60%
- W bonus AD ratio: 130% ⇒ 100%
- Q bonus AD ratio: 115% ⇒ 105%
- E base slow: 50% ⇒ 30%
- E health ratio: 8% missing ⇒ 5% missing
- Epic monster damage reduction: 20% ⇒ 5%
- Damage against pets and champs: 20 – 160 (1 – 18) ⇒ 40 – 100 (6 – 18)
- Slow duration: 2 seconds ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Gustwalker MS: 45% ⇒ 35%
- Gustwalker monster takedown MS: 60% ⇒ 45%
- Mosstomper tenacity and slow resist: 20% ⇒ 10%
- Mosstomper shield: 60 – 281 (1 – 18) ⇒ 120 – 220 (8 – 18)
- Caulfield’s Warhammer replaced by Phage in recipe (total gold cost unchanged at 3200)
- Health increased from 300 ⇒ 450 (450 ⇒ 600 for Ornn version)
- AD: 55 ⇒ 50 (70 ⇒ 65 for Ornn version)
Statikk Shiv (nerf)
Spear of Shojin
- Caulfield’s Warhammer replaced by Winged Moonplate in recipe (total gold cost unchanged at 3300)
- Health: 350 ⇒ 500
- AD: 65 ⇒ 60
- Basic ability haste: 8/6 ⇒ 16/12
- Health: 300 ⇒ 450 (450 ⇒ 600 for Ornn version) •
- AD: 60 ⇒ 55 (70 ⇒ 65 for Ornn version)
Read also: Best League of Legends Quotes