Augmentation Evoker joins the roster of specs in World of Warcraft when Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5 hits in July. But what is the spec all about?
It’s a first for WoW, as we enter a mid-expansion patch with a new spec for a class on the horizon. The EVoker launched with two specs, and while a third seems obvious, we’ve never even heard a whisper of the Demon Hunter (also with just two specs) gaining a third. Could this be our first experiment in added specs, or is it nothing more than Blizzard using lore to make a spec makes sense?
What Is the Augmentation Evoker Spec?
From Blizzard’s very own words:
“Augmentation is a new Damage Dealer role with a twist: they use the essence of the Black and Bronze dragonflights to amplify the abilities of nearby allies. The play style for this new specialization involves empowering your allies with a variety of beneficial effects. Some can be cast directly on your allies, while others are tied to using your damage-dealing abilities effectively. Augmentation Evokers deliver their damage in a wholly unique way. They act as force multipliers, increasing their group’s capabilities (and damage output) significantly.”
What Blizzard has basically given us, is the DPS version of a Disc Priest. It’s interesting that we’ve been given it mid-exåansion, and mid-patch, though, given the raid tier is already over it might be a stroke of genius.
Some key Augmentation Evoker abilities
- 1.5 second cast, 30 second cooldown.
- Increase your 4 nearest allies’ primary stat by a percentage of your own, and cause your Eruption to deal more damage for 10 sec. Some of your other spells extend the duration of these effects.
- 2 second cast. Costs 3 Essence. Replaces Disintegrate.
- Cause a violent eruption beneath an enemy’s feet, dealing Volcanic damage split between them and nearby enemies. Increases the duration of your active Ebon Might effects.
- 2.5 second empower, 40 second cooldown.
- Gather earthen power beneath your enemy’s feet and send them hurtling upwards, dealing Volcanic damage to them and nearby enemies. Empowering expands the area of effect. Increases the duration of your active Ebon Might effects.
Breath of Eons
- 1.5 minute cooldown. Replaces Deep Breath.
- Fly to the targeted location, exposing Temporal Wounds on enemies in your path for 10 sec. Temporal Wounds accumulate a portion of damage dealt by your allies, and then critically strike the enemy for that amount at the end of the duration. Increases the duration of your active Ebon Might effects.
Draconic Attunements (Passive)
- Learn to attune yourself to the essence of the Black or Bronze dragonflights:
- Black Attunement grants you and your 4 nearest allies increased maximum health.
- Bronze Attunement grants you and your 4 nearest allies increased movement speed.
- Protect an ally with explosive dragonscales, increasing their Armor by a percentage of your own. Melee attacks against them cause a scale to explode, dealing Volcanic damage to enemies near them.
- Conjure a pair of Weyrnstones, one for your target ally and one for yourself. A weyrnstone can be activated by the bearer to transport them to the other Weyrnstone’s location if they are within 100 yds.