Smash might be designed to be an accessible easy-to-play game, but it has depth. If you really want to get better at fighting games, you can actually take the skill level pretty far. Mastering the best combos in Smash Ultimate is a great way to improve. These are chains of moves which can trap the enemy in an unbreakable sequence, potentially getting very high damage numbers.
Each character has quite a few combos you can learn. However, if you’re trying to pick a main based on their combo potential alone, there are some with much better kit. Some of the characters have a crazy number of the best combos in Smash Ultimate, including some zero-to-death combos! These are all of the top Smash Bros combos out there.
What are the Best Combos in Smash Ultimate?
The best combos in Smash Ultimate will partially come down to what Smash Bros character you use. Each has a few combos which are a key part of their skills. If you’re looking for characters which have great combo potential though, these are some of the better ones that we’ve seen around in the game.
Sheik has tons of combos as one of the best Smash Ultimate characters for this. The best Smash Ultimate combos for this character include some of her longer ones. These are some of the moves you can learn here.
- Down Throw – Jump – Up Air
- F Air – F Throw – Down Special – Up Smash – Down Special
Joker isn’t known for having too many heavy locked-in combos, even if he’s in the higher end of the Smash Ultimate tier list. These are a few of the best combos in Smash Ultimate for him.
- Air Forward tilt – Air Up Smash – Up Special – Air Up Smash
Peach is a character with some has great combo potential in the game, being a character on the more technical side of the game. These are some of the best Smash Bros combos here.
- Down Tilt – Side Special – Side Tilt – Neutral Air – Forward Air – Walk Forward – Up Air – Walk Forward – Up Special
- Down Air – Forward Smash – Side Special – Side Tilt – Neutral Air – Forward Air – Walk Forward – Up Air – Walk Forward – Up Special
One other key move for Peach is the down tilt into side special. It comes up quite a bit due to the end lag at the end of the move. This is a good setup for quite a few of the best combos in Smash Ultimate.
Luigi’s Zero-to-Death Combo
Maybe one of the most notable Smash Bros Ultimate combos is Luigi’s zero to death. This can kill characters from the start of a game if pulled off. These are the moves.
- Down Throw – Short Hop +D Air – Fast Fall – N Air – Short Hop+ D Air – Up Air – Up Special
Steve is mainly known for having some broken mechanics which have been divisive in the fighting game esports community for the game. He does have some solid picks for the best combos in Smash Ultimate which are worth looking into though.
- Down tilt – Dash Attack
- Down Throw – Forward Smash
- Up Tilt – Up Tilt – Up Smash
- Up Tilt – Up Tilt -Short Hop – Up Air – Short Hop – Up Air – Neutral Special – Up Tilt – Short Hop + Up Air – Short Hot – Fair
Those are some of the best combos in Smash Ultimate. These are some a teaser of what you can get into with the game though. Once you’ve learnt how to combo in Smash Bros, you can start learning them for all of your main characters and take the step up on your gameplay.