WoW Classic Hardcore servers are coming after the community game mode blew up in 2023.
After the recent growth of the community-led Hardcore efforts, Blizzard is stepping up to support the game mode fully. The new servers are set the launch in the summer of 2023 giving the Hardcore community an official servers to play out their one-life fantasy. Obviously, the Hardcore seen did see some love in the first season of Season of Mastery, when Blizzard added the “Soul of Iron” mechanic.
WoW Classic Hardcore, what’s going on
While full details are a little thin on the ground, we do have a rough idea of the plans.
- Will come to the PTR “soon”, and launch fully later in Summer 2023
- You will have one life only. If you die, you’ll forever play as a ghost and never be able to resurrect.
- A new /makgora duel mechanic will be added. Letting players duel to the death with another player
- Classic Hardcore isn’t the next WoW Classic Season mode, it’s a separate entity.
- Details on the next Classic Season mode will come later.
- Classic Hardcore will be a new game mode with fresh servers
Blizzard confirmed the WoW Classic Hardcore news on the forums:
“As Senior Game Producer Aggrend just confirmed on the Hardcore All-Stars stream, we’ve been working to bring official Hardcore Classic gameplay to WoW Classic. We’ve been very energized by the community’s enthusiasm for Hardcore, watching along with you, and doing a lot of Hardcore play ourselves.”
With the PTR likely to drop soon, we’ll soon have some concrete information about what to expect. We’ll post anything we hear over on our WoW section.