In Pokémon UNITE, there are about 40 of the popular creatures that players can play as. Similar to games like it (Super Smash Bros. and its characters come to mind), characters can be better than others. It’s certainly possible to win with any character, but certain ones make it a bit easier than others do.
If you want to advance in the Pokémon UNITE rankings here’s a surefire way to find the best way to do it.
Pokémon UNITE Tier List
Even though there are only about 40 Pokémon available in Pokémon UNITE, there can be a wide variety in usefulness. It’s helpful to know which are better to try out.
The Best of the Best
- Mew is widely considered one of the best. This makes sense, as it is arguably the most important one in the entire franchise. Its passive ability means that every time Mew uses a move, it and nearby allies have their move speed increased 15% for two seconds.
- Mr. Mime is another top tier Pokémon UNITE character. Its ability is to take 10% less damage for two seconds when casting a move. Its stats are well-rounded and make it an excellent choice.
- The Dark/Ghost Pokémon Sableye is another exceptional choice for UNITE players. It sits near the top of the Pokémon UNITE tier list for a reason as it has one of the best passive abilities. When out of sight, it enters stealth mode and has a movement speed increase. Even when it can be seen, stealth mode lasts a little longer.
- Azumarill is a strong UNITE character. Its passive ability is Huge Power, which means that whenever Azumarill hit a single enemy with an auto attack, a move, or their Unite Move, it will always be a critical hit.
- Tsareena has a very good passive ability. It is that after gaining three stacks, the “Queenly Majesty” buff is applied to Tsareena. It allows one of its moves to be used without a cooldown period. The buff also increases damage and applies an additional effect.
- Venusaur is also widely considered one of the best and most useful Pokémon UNITE playable characters. Venusaur is a special attacker. When its HP is below 30%, it begins dealing damage with an increase of 20%.
Strong Pokémon UNITE Characters
These are more good choices. They’re not as strong as the ones mentioned above, but it is certainly easy to do well with them. Snorlax in particular is very popular because its attack becomes a boosted attack every third attack. Garchomp is growing more popular thanks to its ability to deal 30% of damage taken in return to its attacker.
Read also: Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Review
Average Pokémon & Bottom Tier
Trainers often choose whoever they want, but it’s recommended not to choose these as they are tougher to succeed with. Some aren’t used very often because they are considered the weakest.
Bottom Tier Pokémon
Pokémon UNITE Held Item Tier List
The Pokémon themselves are not the only thing that impacts the game. Held items can be important in all Pokémon games and UNITE is no different. Here’s a Pokémon UNITE item tier list.
- Buddy Barrier
- Focus Band
- Wise Glasses
- Scope Lens
- Assault Vest
- Muscle Band
- Weakness Policy
- Attack Weight
- Score Shield
- Energy Amplifier
- Razor Claw
- Choice Specs
- Rapid-Fire Scarf
Middle of the road
- Float Stone
- Drain Crown
- Special Attack Specs
- Shell Bell
- Experience Share
- Rocky Helmet
- Aeos Cookie
Each item has a specific use, but obviously, some are better than others.
Read next: Best Pokemon ROM Hacks